Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Single or Double ?

Today it was signal-13.I had turned the engine off.Proudly sitting on my 6 month old Yamaha FZS and watched for the mysteries on the roads to unroll.

Suddenly i felt my bag move behind and a hand after it.As if someone was trying to flick it.
" What the ...., " I turned with the pull of my reflux and just froze to see what that hand was doing !.

It was a hand of my next commuter who stood with his bike next to me.He also had a pillion rider.Right before my very eyes the rider with the helmet pushed my bag aside which,i had strapped against my chest and had laid it back on my pillion.He touched the seat behind me and made a point to his pillion rider in some unknown language.

" hey,What on earth is he doing" i thought for a second.

Eventually his helmet turned to face me and the lips within grinned.I Stared back at them,confused what where they up to.The Metal head started to speak in his own language.I tried to listen to him with my ears widened looking for a english word he had cooked with his delicious language.Ah ,he dropped those two meat balls. The words were SINGLE or DOUBLE ?

For a moment i wondered,soon i understood he was talking about my pillion.I persumed,Their argument was whether my bike had a pillion or not.Thats what they had meant to ask ,it is a Single seater or a double.

I replied, its a ONE and HALF seater and returned a grin ! . Now i could see their grin grow into a laughter.I smiled back. He again cooked his language but, this time it was with his gesture he stated my pillion was so high,the rider sitting behind would be way above me,when i break he/she would fly above .

Old school i thought...It was time to move On !

1 comment:

  1. better keep an image of ur 'Teez'(bike)to visualise what bike you own. only those seen ur bike understand what it is. for others, difficult. i like the definition one and half :)

    ReplyDelete