Thursday, October 27, 2011

BEAT the CHEAT !

Ethics !

The word sounds familiar ha?. It seems like my people have forgotten to use it often.

I remember my Teacher once said. " Independence is freedom to do anything but,not to affect any soul in any means.you are allowed to sway your arm till the nose tip of your mate,but an inch more is an serious issue "

You want to be a cheat!. Be it but,be to yourself and not to an innocent soul.
A well known technique to beat a cheating i've learnt from my experience.This might help you.Its the Petrol bunk employee this time..Perhaps most of the time !

As anticipated,i fixed my eyes on the meter for the readings when he tried to distract me.It dint work for him. Plan-B initiated : He now Plugged in the dispenser nozzle into my fuel tank before even i quoted him the quantity.
I stopped him " hey i dint' tell you how much "

Then i noticed him changing the digit from 100 to 200 after i claimed for a 200 rupees fill.Now i knew his plan-B too.

He now filled till it reached one point odd liters (i.e)100rupees and closed the lid and demanded for rupees 200,as if he already filled for a 100.I knew his strategy and i replied
" No,you filled for only 100 and here it is " i handed him a note.

He replied. " Its Okay ,i've filled. Give me 200 " and nodded his head pointing me to move my bike forward,While he opened the lid of the next bike's tank.

" Its OKAY !!! " i grew from my seat with my eyebrows squinched.
" what do you mean by 'its Okay ? " i demanded.

He now understood i was very much aware of the game play.
" Its Okay you can give me 100 " he agreed as if i was the crook here.

He deserved an appreciation for giving his tough shot!

Its OKAY ....for god's Sake !!
I rode back muttering fiercely.

2 comments:

  1. Well, this is something I have also noticed, it happens most of the time. but I don't think this has anything to do with ethics, the person might be in need of certain things and he is doing it 'coz of situation and circumstances. I have also noticed that this happens in b'lore and not in chennai, or maybe it happens and i have not come across this situation when I was in chennai, dunno but still life goes on... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, One needs to be careful all the time.

    Thanish, you have touched the right subject. This has everything to do with Ethics.

    Quoting from Wikipedia:
    Ethics, also known as moral philosophy, is a branch of philosophy that addresses questions about morality — that is, concepts such as good and evil, right and wrong, virtue and vice, justice and crime, etc.

    ReplyDelete